A submitted manuscript is the official record and culmination of your hard work. A well-written article will enable reviewers and readers to clearly understand your ideas and findings. Every manuscript should provide answers the following questions:
- What question are the authors attempting to answer? What is its broader context?
- What approach (methodology, experimental techniques) did they apply? How does it differ from those in earlier publications?
- What results did they obtain? How confident are the authors about them?
- How does the newly obtained knowledge change the understanding of the adressed problem, in broader context of the field?
- What are the new questions arising from the conclusions? What work should be done next to advance the field further?
More advices and information can be found at Prepare to publish page.